FREE digital connectivity* that makes your business more efficient...
Monitor your van’s status, location and security via your smartphone.
FREE digital connectivity* that makes your business more efficient…
Mercedes me gives you the heads up you need to plan maintenance and repairs well in advance, at a time that’s convenient to you, meaning you can focus on the demands of your business. Plus, software updates can be provided over-the-air so no time is lost visiting a workshop.
See fuel or battery levels, mileage and locking status
With a glance at your smartphone, you’ll know if you’ve got enough fuel or charge to get to your next job and see information like your van’s mileage, recent trip data and tyre pressure. Check the locking status of the doors and tap to lock and unlock them remotely.
View your van’s location
You can track your van’s GPS location and, if it’s parked up, you can see the quickest walking route back to it.
Stay constantly connected to your van via the Mercedes me app
- Less downtime. Get notifications on faults and repairs with Telediagnostics
- Increased efficiency. Combine servicing and repairs for fewer workshop visits
- Instant insights. Check your fuel or battery charge levels remotely via the app
- Additional assistance. Support your drivers with Breakdown Management and Accident Recovery
- Real-time visibility. See your van’s live location with the Vehicle Tracker and Parked Vehicle Locator
- Enhanced security. Secure your van with Remote Door Locking & Unlocking
Why should I activate the Mercedes me app?
Being digitally connected to your van has real, every day practical benefits for your business…
- Helps you avoid wear-related breakdowns by monitoring critical parts.
- With Maintenance Management, Midlands Truck & Van will be able to see what requirements are needed ahead of your service.
- Our workshops will know your vehicle’s condition in advance, so everything is planned to minimise your vans downtime.
- With Vehicle Tracker, Parked Vehicle Locator and Remote Locking/Unlocking, you’ll be constantly connected to your van.
What does the Mercedes me app do?
Here’s a guide to each of the services and the benefits for your business:
Assistance & Aftercare
- Telediagnostics. Mercedes me can detect wear on critical parts such as brake pads. Midlands Truck & Van will receive a notification and contact you to book any repairs. This could prevent components failing, reducing your costs and downtime.
- Remote Vehicle Diagnostics. Ahead of a workshop visit, Midlands Truck & Van will be able to run a quick test to assess your maintenance requirements, allowing them to notify you and order any parts so that repairs and servicing can be taken care of in advance and together for maximum efficiency, again reducing your van’s downtime.
- Maintenance Management. Mercedes me will run an automatic maintenance test before your service light comes on, then transmit the results to Midlands Truck & Van so we can prepare an itemised quote for repairs and servicing. They can contact you to plan your workshop visit well in advance to minimise any impact on your business.
- Accident Recovery. Once an emergency call has been resolved, further accident management support is offered to help recover your van or to tow it to a Mercedes-Benz Service outlet.
- Breakdown Management. If you request breakdown assistance, your MobiloVan technician will be able to see your GPS location and assess the condition of your van remotely, enabling them to find you easily and prepare so there’s a greater chance they may be able to repair your van at roadside.
- Software updates. Over-the-air software updates are sent directly to your van’s head unit. This means you’ll always know your software is up to date and you’ll save time by avoiding additional workshop visits.
- Vehicle Tracker. See your van’s location on the map in your app, making it easy to call or message your driver and re-route them to fit in another delivery or pick up if a quicker route is available.
- Parked Vehicle Locator. If you’re within 1 mile of your van’s parked location, the app can generate the most convenient walking route – very handy if you’re in unfamiliar surroundings and on a busy schedule.
For more detailed information, download our Mercedes me: services guide.
- Remote Retrieval of Vehicle Status. Use your app to check on fuel/charge level, tyre pressure, mileage, average fuel consumption and trip information. Not only does this help you plan your day’s journeys, it can save you admin time on tasks such as logging your mileage for expenses.
- Remote Door Locking & Unlocking. The app allows you to check if your van is locked. If you lock your keys in the van or need to give another driver access, you can do it via the app, from any distance away. For added peace of mind, you’ll receive an email notification when your vehicle is unlocked.
- Programming of charging settings and Pre-Entry Climate Control. Climate control can be started remotely when your van is charging so energy used for heating will draw on the mains power to avoid depleting your battery. This means you’ll have maximum comfort and battery range.
- Display of Charging Stations. Need to plan a stop for charging? Mercedes me shows you charging stations in the surrounding area on the map and enables you to set the preferred one as your destination, reassuring you that it will be within your range.
- Range on Map. The range display in your app helps you plan a journey with confidence as it shows if you can reach your destination using your existing battery range, whether it’s in ‘critical range’ or cannot be reached. This takes into account the geography and other characteristics of the route.