The role of a Retail (Parts) Advisor Apprentice is diverse. You’ll be working both behind the scenes receiving deliveries and at the front desk serving Mercedes-Benz customers. You’ll learn skills in managing stock, merchandising, forecasting and analysing purchasing habits, as well as developing your ability to retain customers and increase market saturation.
Initially working towards a Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship you will learn the key principles, practices and skills that underpin the role. On achievement, you will progress to Level 3 Retail Team Leader to further develop and apply your skills in more complex situations.
The role of a Retail (Parts) Advisor Apprentice
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers both in person and over the phone
- Developing relationships with other departments
- Preparing orders
- Meeting deadlines
- Stock Control/ Management
- Processing Warranty Claims and Payments
- Identifying Parts
- Business development/ Planning
- Marketing and Visual Merchandising
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Managing logistics including organising and arranging deliveries
Desired Skills and Personal Qualities
- Customer service skills
- Sales Skills
- Organisational skills
- ICT Skills
- Complaint resolution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An interest in motor vehicles
- Age 16+
- GCSE grades 4 - 9 (or equivalent A*- C) in:
- English Language
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnicity. We are committed to equal opportunities therefore if you have a disability please state this on your application form and measures will be put in place to support you.
The employing retailer dictates the remuneration that apprentices receive. They are required to pay, at least, the National Minimum Wage. Further details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide/pay-and-conditions.
You will be required to work the minimum duration of 30 hours per week and a minimum of 20% of your working hours are allocated to ‘off-the-job’ training. Training will take place as one-week blocks at our Apprentice Academy in Milton Keynes. We will talk you through this during the application process.
We will support you in gaining Functional Skills in Mathematics and English should you require them.
Future Career Opportunities
Completing an apprenticeship is just the start of your career at Mercedes-Benz. Examples of some career paths our graduates have taken are:
- Parts Process Specialist
- Parts Supervisor
- Parts Manager
- After Sales Manager
- May lead to Sales Executive
For advice on completing an application, please refer to the advice and guidance here: https://www.ucas.com/further-education/apprenticeships-and-traineeships/applying-apprenticeship
To apply, visit https://apprenticeship-applications.mercedes-benztraining.co.uk/Apprenticeships/Retail_Parts_Advisor_Apprentice/Midlands_Truck_%26_Van_(Birmingham)